Cape Agulhas Municipality, situated in Bredasdorp in the Overberg Region, Western Cape, an equal opportunity employer, require the services of a suitably qualified person.
DEPARTMENT : MANAGEMENT SERVICES : OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
POSITION : DIRECTOR MANAGEMENT SERVICES
CONTRACT DURATION : PERMANENT CONTRACT
WORKSTATION : BREDASDORP HEAD OFFICE
SALARY : R 859 002.00 (Minimum) R 965 171.00 (Midpoint)
R 1 055 932.00 (Maximum) Remote allowance- 7% of total annual remuneration package
Remuneration: All-inclusive annual remuneration as per Government Notice 351 of Local Government Gazette 43122, 20 March 2022: Upper Limit of total remuneration packages payable to Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers.
The post is subject to a permanent Contract of Employment as well as acceptable conduct and performance during the employment.
The successful incumbent will be the Director: Management Services of the Cape Agulhas Municipality and will manage the entire Management Services Directorate.
Key Performance areas: • Leading and directing the provision of traffic and community safety; Housing Management; disaster management; library; youth and sport development; resorts; parks and recreation to communities in a sustainable manner • Developing, implementing and managing strategic goals, policies, procedures and plans for the Directorate and align them with the strategic objectives of the Municipality • Integrating service delivery in the context of the Council’s Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and overseeing implementation • Managing the Directorate’s budget planning, implementation, and budget review to support priorities and deliverables in relation to the IDP • Providing advice and support to Council, the Municipal Manager and other office bearers on all functions of the Directorate.
In order to meet the needs of the Cape Agulhas Municipality, the successful candidate will conform to the following requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Social Services /Public Administration /Law, or equivalent • 5 years’ experience at middle management level • Proven successful institutional
transformation within public or private sector • Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation • Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management • Understanding of council operations and delegation of powers; cemetery management; public safety; and parks and recreation management • Registration with the Relevant Local Government Professional Registration, or similar recognised relevant professional body will be an added advantage • Meet the required core competencies as stipulated in Annexures A and B of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers Government Notice 21 in Government Gazette 37245 dated 17 January 2014 • Certificate in Municipal Minimum Finance Management (SAQA Qualification ID No. 48965) for Senior Managers of Municipalities, as is provided for in Regulation No 40593 Municipalities were granted exemption from Regulation 15 and 18 of Government Gazette 29967 under Notice No 40593 of 3 February 2017, subject to conditions of compliance with minimum competency levels within 18 months of date of employment • Ability to be an innovative and strategic leader • Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape • Valid driver’s licence and NO criminal record.
Closing date: 21 April 2023
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process upon completion thereof.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Administrative enquiries can be directed to the Divisional Head: HRM & OD, Mrs Nombasa Mhlati-Musewe (028) 425 5500 during normal working hours.
Mr E.O Phillips
1) It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations and that previous and current employers and references will be contacted. Verification will be done on his/her qualifications, criminal and credit record. The candidate will be required to disclose all financial interests.
2) All applications must be submitted with a detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID document, the names of three references from current and previous employers and a fully completed official application form, as available from the municipal website or the Human Resources Department, to be couriered to the Office of the Municipal Manager, P O Box 51 Bredasdorp, 7280 or email email@example.com
3) Appointment is subject to the signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 56 of the Municipal Systems Act. The appointment will be done in accordance with the Regulations on appointment and conditions of employment of Senior Managers.
4) Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5) Cape Agulhas Municipality is in the process of revising its macrostructure and the key performance areas may be amended after the macro structure has been approved by Council.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Struisbaai Office 028 435 6538
Napier Office 028 423 3231
Waenhuiskrans Office 028 445 9620
Otto du Plessis Hospital 028 424 1167
NSRI 028 435 7777
Fire Brigade 028 425 1690
After Hours Number 028 425 5500